Monday, December 15, 2008

Wiki

I think I am liking this wiki thing. The video in the Wiki Webpages made it seem easy, however, I know nothing is as easy as someone says it is. As I was viewing the three wiki host sites I found that the PB Wiki demo was the best for me.
I think I would try wiki’s in the classroom if I had my own class. I might even try it in the library some day with a class. It seems there could be all kinds of ways to use it. I had an assignment in civics where the students created their own bill of rights. How cool would it have been if they could have done a wiki instead of paper and marker and it could have been one for the group instead of one for each person.
I guess my concern would be just the part where anything could be added appropriate or not. However, since the classmates would be reading it I am sure peer monitoring would be a huge factor. But with the PB Wiki I am thinking I could control some of the work.
I would show them everything about the wiki page, editing and history included. It would only take once for a screw up and I am sure the others wouldn’t follow suit. I can see here where admin. support and parental support would play a big part.
I am excited for this tool!!!

No comments: