Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Blog Searches

Suffice it to say that I actually liked doing the blog searches. I can easily see how you could sit for hours doing that. I had to limit my searches to three like the assignment said otherwise I would still be looking at stuff. You can pretty much find anything out there.
I really didn’t find any of the blog search engines any better or easier than another. I liked BlogLines, BlogScope, and BlogSearch the best though. IceRocket and Technorati were good too but I found that there was a lot more found than just my topic. Sometimes I had to search through some stuff to find anything that I thought was useful.
I searched iPhones, podcasting, and ASU football, all things I am kind of interested in. I don’t have an iPhone but I think it is interesting to read about what people are doing with them and what the iPhone can do. Mostly the podcasting things I found were places you could go to listen to a podcast. I did find one that talked about how to make your podcast more entertaining. That was good. Of course anything sports related is going to have lots of talk value. I even found one blog where you could vote on the quarterback’s (Rudy Carpenter) performance. That was my favorite.
Any of the blog search engines were good to use. I think it would be up to the individual on which one he/she would want to use. If I were to have my classes use these I would have them look at all these different blog search engines, with my guidance of course. Then I would let them choose their favorite. The thing I would stress the most when they decided and even before is that the search must be narrowed down. They will quickly find, as I did, that a broad term nets you many things that just don’t pertain to what you are looking for. I can see great conversations being generated by these blog seaches.

No comments: