Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Online Storage

Both of the storage sites, Skydrive and Yahoo Briefcase, were pretty easy to navigate through. Again follow the directions they give you. I can definitely see value in using both of these sites. How wonderful it would be to have your documents available to you wherever you go. That would have been good for me for this class as I was doing assignments at three different computers and emailing the documents to all my email addresses and hoping they went through. I guess this was save the best for one of the last items to do. I would definitely use them. And wow I could have someone else look at them too!

Ah the thumb drive….. could not give that up. Just got to have it right there in case of……I don’t know what. Internet failure? I just like to have things all over the place that way they are not lost to me.

Well, the next topic is a tough one. I think there is too much that I don’t know to say yes or no to having teachers and/or students use the online storage systems. Those of us who took this class could easily spread the word and see what happens. There could also be a test site. Seems like it would save the districts space but I don’t know all the implications of saving stuff on the web.

I really don’t see any problems with students posting their things to these sites. They can be private. The only thing once again is it is just another opportunity for them to go places they shouldn’t . However, as technology evolves so do people. And probably less and less of them go to where they shouldn’t be. Oh, I know there are still the yayhoos who will do anything just to see how far they can push the envelope.

No comments: