Monday, December 29, 2008

Digg and Yahoo Buzz

Well, I am not sure I have a preference for either of these two sites Digg or Yahoo Buzz. They both kind of do the same thing, one has the “number” thing, one has many videos. Maybe it was just the topics I chose but probably three out of five links I clicked on in Yahoo Buzz were just links to YouTube. Guess I could just go to YouTube for that. But I think I like Yahoo Buzz better. Not sure why though. I liked Digg ok too. I read some pretty opinionated comments about Digg and maybe that is what influenced my opinion.

I probably won’t continue on with either of these two sites once this assignment is complete. Maybe every once in awhile I will take a look at them because now I know they are there. I am just not to into this kind of internet stuff.

I am sure these tools could be used in a classroom. I am just not sure how at this time. Research is always the first thought that comes to mind, but who knows what would come up with that generic topic. Also, my concern is what pops up sometimes when you type in your ideas. I would have to go with no right now with using this in a classroom setting.

I guess I just don’t see any social implications, good or bad, here. I guess leaving comments could be good and bad depending on what you say. I didn’t leave any comments because it just isn’t that big of a deal for me. But hey if you like to chat with people all over the place here is a way to do it.

No comments: