Sunday, December 21, 2008

SlideShare.net


Favorite Vacation Spot

From: michellie31,
35 minutes ago


Favorite Vacation Spot
View SlideShare presentation or Upload your own. (tags: wheelerweb2 lake)






SlideShare Link


This seems like a good site. I kind of like the fact that all I had to do was upload the powerpoint and it made the show for me. I can see this being used in a classroom very easily. It is like movie maker and photostory but just a little different. It would just depend on the teacher on which he/she likes best. Oh, and the fact that slideshare.net is on the web and available for all to see if so desired. But if you only want your students to view certain shows then you would just make them available for them. The problem would be getting to that show because of the free access to other shows. Again probably to be done in a classroom setting with supervision.
Audio is up to the publisher and his audience. It just depends on what is being shown. Music in the background is always a nice touch and sometimes describing what is on the show is good. However, I kind of like the letting the viewer just look.
There are probably many uses for slideshare. History classes could benefit tremendously from this site as could science classes. I have even had an English teacher use movies in her class so this would be good too.
I believe I will be visiting slideshare in my personal life a little bit. It was kind of fun.

No comments: