Monday, December 29, 2008

Twitter

Hmmmmm……Twitter. Not sure really how I feel about it. I guess if I just sat around with nothing else to do in a day I could follow the Twitter site and zillions of people. I could probably learn a lot. So for this assignment it started out as kind of annoying that I had to go log in and write what I was doing, mainly because I would forget to go in and do it. But now more than five days after I have started I think it is kind of entertaining. It has been fun seeing what other people are doing.

I guess I don’t see a real value in the educational setting. It is a nice way to communicate though. I am sure there are ways to make it useful in a classroom. If you could find a “tweet” from someone in a different state or country and follow them you could learn things about their life style and or customs.

I guess I have no more concern about students using Twitter from their computer or cell phone than I do right now about them using those same devices for email and text. It can be annoying and a battle that is rarely won. But technology is moving forward. I say let’s learn how to make it an educational thing.

Truthfully I would probably bag on Twitter to my family just because “why?” We have cell phones and email. But I would also tell them it can be kind of fun in an annoying sort of way. Basically I would tell them that I would be sending them information about what I was doing all through the day and it could be on their cell phone or their computer.

No comments: