Thursday, December 18, 2008

Podcasting 1

The first pod cast I listened to was Stuff You Should Know- What Can Be Done With a Dead Body? Very interesting. Who would have thought two guys could go on and on about what you can do with a dead body. It was pretty funny though. These were their ideas:
Pressed into a diamond
Shot into space
Green burials- eco pod, bamboo casket, cremation, alkaline hydrolysis, artificial coral reef(burial at sea)
They spent most of the time talking about the different ways of doing green burials. I learned some cool things.

The second pod cast was Things You Missed in History Class- How the Louisiana Purchase Worked. The pod casters discussed whether people were mad about purchasing the Louisiana Territory. They thought the southerners were probably glad about it as they could push westward with their land and crops, since the borders were not totally established. The end cost was 2,500,000+, about four cents an acre. There were 529,400,000 total acres establishing 13 states. They seemed to think that there is a chance that people were not happy because they got people not just land. The people in these lands were not like the east coast states- different religion, ways of living. In the end they thought that the Civil War ultimately happened partly because of all the different ways of living.

The third pod cast I listened to was Just Vocabulary. They gave vocabulary words and their meanings. Some of the words were facilitate, jibe, kudos, molt, glut, loathe, histrionic, immaculate, mercenary, and expansive.
This was a great pod cast! I would highly recommend this one. The only thing I missed was the spelling of the word. Maybe that is on a different pod cast somewhere.

I thought all three were very good and I would go back and listen to more of the series of each one. The sound was good and the content on all of them was informational. I guess there are those out there that are not all that truthful. You must be aware of that.
I would have loved to have this when I was in the classroom. Again, just another way of teaching to different types of learning personalities. I could probably figure out how to get this to the students even if they didn’t have an iPod, which is where I listened to these.

No comments: