Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Flickr.com

I think I am liking Flickr a lot. It is kind of cool to have your pictures on line if you would like. Although I am still not too sure about keeping my stuff on the internet where anyone could possibly get a hold of it. I suppose you could find all kinds of pictures out there. You could dream up all kinds of places to visit or compare the places you have been with others who have been there.
I guess that at this moment there aren’t too many dislikes. I always have trouble at the beginning of any new thing and this is true of this site too. The more I play with it I am sure the easier it will be. The good thing for me,finally, was that I already had a yahoo account so I didn't have to set that up.
I would love to use this with students. Although I don’t have my own classroom I could visualize how I would have used it in my previous job. Taking pictures and uploading them for all the classes to see would be fabulous. My biggest concern is the other pictures that could be found on this site and that they may not be appropriate for a classroom setting. My point was made the first time I went to the Flickr site-the topless woman. Not that the picture was in poor taste, just not a good thing if you give this as an assignment.
I think I might continue to use it in my personal life. I am not really into change much but this has grabbed my attention.
The picture of the railroad tracks is from flickr. By golly I did it!

This is the link to my Flickr page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/aznative/

No comments: